Welcome to The Tuna Melt Music Sharity Blog!

It is here that I post old records that I've ripped
to Mp3 format (and grouped in .ZIP files) via File Sharing Sites,
album cover scans and, sometimes,
somewhat coherent ramblings related to said shares.

Most of the items shared are rips of Out-of-Print
(or, at least, very difficult to acquire)
Vinyl Records from my own collection,
or Compilations ("Seasonal" or "Genre-Specific") made up of Mp3 files
either digitally collected or ripped from Compact Disk.

Come on in. Look around.
Scroll downward to find available links.
I hope you find something you like.

If you don't,
you can always come back later, as the variety
of what is made available should be pretty wide-ranging.


Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Accelerators: Leave My Heart


One of the Best!


There were quite a few bands in the Carolinas that were quite good back in the 80s and these guys were among the best of all of them. They grew from an outfit known as Moon Pie, from Greenville, SC, and became The Accelerators just before this record was released. Soon after, the band's leader and front man, Gerald Duncan, moved to Raleigh, NC, and, following a few personnel changes, took the band into a less Rockabilly and more Hard Rock direction (leading to the album that I've posted previously here - The Accelerators: The Accelerators).

Moon Pie once rented a former Church building in Greenville as a practice space. It became rather well known as The Church of Rock & Roll throughout a good part of the 80s and was a place where we could all congregate after the local bars closed at 12:00am on Saturday nights (as a result of South Carolina's legal condemnation of "Drinking on The Lord's Day"). I still have special (if a bit Foggy) memories of this place, and of the authentic Electric Chair that they kept in one of the Sunday School rooms.

It's Good! Git It!


  1. Leave My Heart
  2. Tonight
  3. She's the Only Girl I Can Stand
  4. Terminal Cafe
  5. The Alien Way
  6. Regina
  7. She's Fifteen
  8. Stiletto
  9. Tore Up
  10. Two Girls in Love
  11. Jenny

This is a video that was released in promotion of this record:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey. Gerald Duncan is my uncle, and your right they were one of the best

Traitor Vic said...

Very Cool! Tell Uncle Gerald that his music is still loved!

I need to place a link to a place where people can purchase the newest CD over in the sidebar, as a matter of fact!

I should, perhaps, feel bad about saying they "were" one of the best, but you dig where I'm comin' from, I'm sure.

They still are cool, of course, but ain't none of 'em still there but Gerald.

Traitor Vic said...

You're Welcome, Dani! Glad folks are still diggin' this one!