Welcome to The Tuna Melt Music Sharity Blog!

It is here that I post old records that I've ripped
to Mp3 format (and grouped in .ZIP files) via File Sharing Sites,
album cover scans and, sometimes,
somewhat coherent ramblings related to said shares.

Most of the items shared are rips of Out-of-Print
(or, at least, very difficult to acquire)
Vinyl Records from my own collection,
or Compilations ("Seasonal" or "Genre-Specific") made up of Mp3 files
either digitally collected or ripped from Compact Disk.

Come on in. Look around.
Scroll downward to find available links.
I hope you find something you like.

If you don't,
you can always come back later, as the variety
of what is made available should be pretty wide-ranging.


Sunday, December 23, 2007

Al Goodman & His Orchestra: A Christmas Symphony


Sneakin' on in Right Under the Wire!



I gotta tell ya, Silly Earthlings. I've learned a great deal during my time here this Holiday Season. I've learned that one can't spend one's entire life consumed with thoughts and concerns only of and for oneself. That one needs to think of others in order to be whole.

And that 9 Lives Cat Food actually Tastes Pretty Good. Okay. I kinda learned that one by mistake.

And that it is better to Give than to Receive.

It Feels So Good to Give, in fact, that I Simply Cannot Stop Myself! I promise, though, that this is the last post before Christmas Day.

This is a record by Al Goodman and His Orchestra, unless you believe the back of the jacket, in which case it's an album by Al Goodman and His All String Symphoneers. Guess which name I prefer. Sadly, the label on the record simply says "Al Goodman Plays A Christmas Symphony." Confusing, eh?

Luckily for us, the music on this album is quite lovely. Not too heavy handed, not too light and/or silly, not too artsy fartsy... I'd say it's just perfect. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

  1. O Come All Ye Faithful
  2. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
  3. White Christmas
  4. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
  5. O Little Town of Bethlehem
  6. Joy to the World
  7. Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly
  8. The First Noel
  9. Good King Wenceslas
  10. Oh Holy Night
  11. We Three Kings of Orient Are
  12. Silent Night

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a great end to the season. Thanks for posting this and Merry Christmas!

Puckwheat said...

Great music with a great cover! thank you for sharing this!

Traitor Vic said...

Sweet! Glad you guys like it! It really is a great record! And, as Puckwheat sed, this cover is pretty sweet too, I think.

Anonymous said...

Thank You for this beautiful album of Christmas songs.

Matt said...

Is this the same album as the International Pop Orchestra?

Matt said...

I've also found George Jenkins - White Christmas to be quite similar, almost identical, aside from a song here and there as well.

Traitor Vic said...

I bet you're correct, Matt! These Budget Labels were notorious for re-releasing entire collections under different names and with different packaging.

Sadly, I can't research the question at the moment. I back all of my Holiday Music off of my hard-drive each year in order to make room for more stuff and I haven't loaded it back up yet. I'll be doing so next week, however, and will dive straight in on your suggestions.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

this album was stuck in another album i bought. What year did this come out. It is very good!!!!