Welcome to The Tuna Melt Music Sharity Blog!

It is here that I post old records that I've ripped
to Mp3 format (and grouped in .ZIP files) via File Sharing Sites,
album cover scans and, sometimes,
somewhat coherent ramblings related to said shares.

Most of the items shared are rips of Out-of-Print
(or, at least, very difficult to acquire)
Vinyl Records from my own collection,
or Compilations ("Seasonal" or "Genre-Specific") made up of Mp3 files
either digitally collected or ripped from Compact Disk.

Come on in. Look around.
Scroll downward to find available links.
I hope you find something you like.

If you don't,
you can always come back later, as the variety
of what is made available should be pretty wide-ranging.


Sunday, January 06, 2008

86: Minutes in a Day


An 86 is not ALWAYS a bad thing…


I mean, sure… to be 86'd from a business establishment usually means you've done something to piss someone off.

The Space Shuttle Challenger disaster took place in 1986, as did the bombing of a West Berlin discotheque that was eventually attributed to the government of Libya.

But a lot of great stuff is associated with the number 86! Like the Texas Instruments TI-86 Graphing Calculator… The Memtest86 Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool… and the Boeing AGM-86 Air Launched Cruise Missile! Yessiree, Boy Howdy!

And here's another one. The band named 86 were quite popular in Atlanta back in the late 80s and were frequently chosen to open shows at some of the larger performance spaces in town. I saw them open for both The Ramones and The Cramps on different occasions and they were always mesmerizing. Their Throbbing, Swirling brand of Psychedelia is something I've not ever heard anyone else come close to. It was, and remains, a completely original style. Enjoy!

  1. Minutes in a Day
  2. Gems
  3. Floating
  4. Waiting
  5. Smile
  6. Just One

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another one I don't know but dig!! You're gonna force me to get a bigger hard drive :))

Traitor Vic said...

And a bigger hard drive is... what?
A BAD THING? HA! :-)

mike weber/fairportfan said...

The first band to be released on 688 records (followed by Dash Rip Rock).

Anonymous said...

Link appears broken/expired. Please please fix!

Traitor Vic said...

Holy Cow! Had to happen sooner or later, I guess. This is the first link to falter in a couple of years.

RapidShare has recently changed their policy toward hangin' on to files with no downloads for longer than a specific period of time. Like everything else in this world, it's gonna get worse as time passes. Might try an alternative this time.

I'll have to gather the ingredients once again in order to bake this pie again. Look for a repaired link within the next few days.

Traitor Vic said...

Fixed it!

tunaman said...

Ohmygosh! THANK YOU!!

I've looked for this EP online for... 10 years now!

Keep up the good work!

Brian said...

I always loved this. I would listen to college radio station WAWL in Atlanta, all the way from my home in Chattanooga TN by listening in my car. I always wanted this but could only find their album Provocation

Unknown said...

Oh God! I loved this record in high school. East Coast surf rat, found it on a surf trip in South Carolina. Just put it on the turntable. Kinda the precursor to shoegaze... Thanks for your blog!