Welcome to The Tuna Melt Music Sharity Blog!

It is here that I post old records that I've ripped
to Mp3 format (and grouped in .ZIP files) via File Sharing Sites,
album cover scans and, sometimes,
somewhat coherent ramblings related to said shares.

Most of the items shared are rips of Out-of-Print
(or, at least, very difficult to acquire)
Vinyl Records from my own collection,
or Compilations ("Seasonal" or "Genre-Specific") made up of Mp3 files
either digitally collected or ripped from Compact Disk.

Come on in. Look around.
Scroll downward to find available links.
I hope you find something you like.

If you don't,
you can always come back later, as the variety
of what is made available should be pretty wide-ranging.


Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Mexicali Brass: Christmas with The Mexicali Brass


Santa's Goin' South of the Border!


This record has been shared numerous times on several sharity sites and blogs over the years, but I thought I'd toss this copy out because, as technology and internet bandwidth have improved, the ability to post files of a higher bitrate has expanded. This is a pretty darn clean copy at 360kbps. I also gave in to my more prurient desire to post this cover on The Tuna Melt. Hubba Hubba!


I have no information whatsoever on The Mexicali Brass except that they were, apparently, created by Crown Records (a subsidiary of the Bihari Brothers' Modern Records) in order to cash in on the popularity of Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass and The Baja Marimba Band.

All of the budget labels had these bands but The Mexicali Brass put out quite a few albums. This was one of three Christmas collections by them. The other two are called "Jingle Bells" and "Winter Wonderland". Search around the blogosphere and you'll probably be able to find them. Also, get over to Easy Listening World to check out "Tijuana Christmas" by the Torero Band.


Get this one first, though, if you want it.

  1. Jingle Bells
  2. O' Little Town of Bethlehem
  3. The First Noel
  4. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
  5. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
  6. White Christmas
  7. O' Come All Ye Faithful
  8. Deck the Halls
  9. Joy to the World
  10. Silent Night
Traitor Vic got to come out of his closet again this evening because it got COLD OUTSIDE! I needed something to warm me up and he helped out with a Hot Buttered Rum.

Hot Buttered Rum
1 tsp. brown sugar
4 oz. boiling water
1 whole clove
2 oz. dark Jamaican rum
1 tsp. unsalted butter
1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg

Combine the brown sugar with the boiling water in a mug or Irish coffee glass. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the clove and the rum and float the butter on top. Dust with freshly grated nutmeg.

2 comments:

LoungeTracks said...

Love The Mexicali Men, thank you for posting this Vic! Now to whip up some Hot Buttered Rum and we're ready for the season!

Ned Schneebly said...

I've looked all over for this one - every time I think I've nailed it down, the link is whacked - so, thank you! And as for the hot buttered rum recipe... I called my wife and asked her to bring home the ingredients tonite! Can't wait!